Friday, March 2, 2012

Ute

So by Wednesday I had decided I was officially having buyers remorse for not getting the Ute. The MinUte, while cool, was too close to a "regular" bike for me to justify. Sure I could haul one kid, or 2ish grocery bags, but not the 2 kids or a full shopping trip as I had envisioned.

Thanks to the fact that the Bike Gallery are awesome people and have a great return policy swapping the MinUte in for the Ute was no hassle at all.



In picking up the bike for the first time it is definitely a beast, but riding it around the apartment complex a few times it really doesn't ride any different than a normal bike. It is a bit more sluggish to get going but that is to be expected from something of it's size. The biggest oddity for me is just in how relaxed the cockpit is.



I am used to being hunched over drop bars not perched upright like the Wicked Witch of the West. This new position also uses much different muscle groups than I am used to. It will be interesting to see how quickly I adapt.

Tonight I stopped and got the parts needed to give Kai a place to hold on.



In the two laps she did around the complex tonight she did really well. Tomorrow we will take our first real trip for Home Depot's kids building day.

Hopefully I will have good things to report afterwards!

Until Then...

2 comments:

  1. The mini-bars on the back are cool. And now I can hear ba dadadadaa ba dadadada ba dadadadadaaaaaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figure you're going to use way more quads and less glutes this way...and less hammys since you're not clipped in. It will be good to get some different type of exercise in though. Keep us posted how it goes today.

    ReplyDelete